This video will take us through adding more useful functionality to your GUI.
- [Narrator] In the previous video we looked…at using spinbox control widgets.…This video will show us how to create tool tips…when the user hovers the mouse over a widget…additional information will be available…in the form of a tooltip.…This video also shows how to add dramatic…color effects to our GUI by using the…tkinter canvas widget.…We're adding more useful functionality to our GUI…Surprisingly adding a tooltip to our controls…should be simple but it is not as simple…as we wish it to be.…
In order to achieve this desired functionality…we will place our tooltip code into its own…OOP class.…I've already created a file called tooltip.py.…Let's see what we got here.…I've added this class tooltip just below…the import statements.…Here's a function named createToolTip…in a object oriented programming OOP approach…we create a new class in our Python module.…
Python allows us to place more than one class…into the same Python module.…And it also enables us to mix and match classes…and regular functions in the same module.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.