This video takes us through customizing your GUI.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we looked at creating independent message boxes.…In this video, first, change the title…of our main window, then we'll change its icon.…The principle of changing the title…of a tkinter main root window is the same as…what we discussed in the previous video.…We just pass in a string as the first argument…to the constructor of the widget.…Instead of a popup dialog window,…we create the main root window and give it a title.…
The GUI displayed in this video…is the code from the previous section.…It does not built upon the previous video in the section.…I've created a file named title.py.…It creates the main window and adds a title to it.…We've already done this in previous videos.…Here, we just focus on this aspect of our GUI.…Line 10 gives the title to the main root window…by using the built-in tkinter property.…
After we create a Tk instance,…we can use all of the built-in tkinter properties…to customize our GUI.…Let's see our output.…As you can see, our main window has a title named…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.