Learn how to create slideshows using all image types.
- [Instructor] Previously we saw how to use pyglet.…We're now going to create Slideshow using tkinter.…In this video we will create a nice working slideshow GUI,…using pure Python.…We will see the limitations the core Python built-ins…have and then we will explore another third-party module…available called Pillow,…which extends tkinter's built-in functionality…in regards to image processing.…
While the name Pillow might sound a little bit strange…at first it actually comes with a lot of history behind it.…We're only using Python 3.4 and above in this course.…We are not going back to Python 2.…Guido has expressed his decision to intentionally…break backwards compatibility,…and has decided that Python 3 is the future…of Python programming.…For GUIs and images the older line of Python 2…has this very powerful module named PIL,…which stands for Python Image Library.…
This library comes with a very large amount of functionality…which several years after the very successful creation…of Python 3,…has not been translated for Python 3.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.