Python comes with a built-in unit testing framework, and in this video, you will start to use this framework to test your Python GUI code.
- [Instructor] Previously, we created a self testing code.…This video is named Creating Robust GUIs…Using Unit Tests.…In this video, we will begin to test our Python GUI…writing unit tests in Python.…We will see that Python unit test code is just code…and could contain mistakes that need to be corrected.…Python comes with a built-in unit testing framework.…Let's use it to test our Python GUI code.…
Before we start to write unit tests,…we want to design our testing strategy.…We can easily intermix the unit test…with the code they are testing.…But a better strategy is to separate the application code…from the unit test code.…PyUnit has been designed according to the principles…of all the other X unit testing frameworks.…We will test the internationalized GUI…we created earlier in this section.…In order to use Python's built in unit testing framework,…we have to import the Python unittest module.…
Let's create a new module and name it UnitTest.py.…We first import the unittest module,…then we create our own class.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.