You can create charts from only a few lines of Python code.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we downloaded the modules we needed for Matplotlib.…In this video, we will create our first Matplotlib chart.…Now that we have all of the required…Python modules installed, we can create…our own charts using Matplotlib.…Using the minimum amount of code,…as presented on the official website,…we could create our first chart.…Well, almost.…The sample code shown on the website does not work…until we import the show method and then call it.…
Okay, when I run it, I could see the output of my chart.…Nice!…We could simplify the code and even improve it…by using another of the many examples provided…on the official Matplotlib website.…So I've already written a new code.…Let's open it.…The file name SecondChart.py.…As you could see, this code also works well;…and we get this output.…
Nice!…The Python Matplotlib module combined with add-ons,…such as Numpy, create a very rich programming environment…that enables us to do mathematical computations…and plot them in visual charts very easily.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.