Running a demo script will give us a basic GUI. We'll need to customize it in order to create your own GUI.
- [Instructor] The previous video showed you…how to install the correct version of wxPython…that matches both your version of Python…and the OS you are running.…In this video, we will start to create our Python GUIs.…Using the wxPython GUI toolkit,…we will first recreate several of the widgets…we previously created using TkInter,…which ships with Python.…Then we will explore some of the widgets…the wxPython GUI toolkit offers,…which are harder to create using TkInter.…
A good place to start exploring the wxPython GUI toolkit…is by going to this URL shown on the screen.…This web page displays many wxPython widgets.…By clicking on any of them,…we're taken to their documentation,…which is a very nice and helpful feature…to quickly learn about a wxPython control.…The page shows the documentation…for a wxPython button widget.…
We can very quickly create a working window…that comes with a title, a menu bar, and also a status bar.…This status bar displays the text of a menu item…when hovering the mouse over it.…This could be achieved by writing this code…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.