The aim of this video is to explore all there is to know about menu bars.
- Last time, we dove into aligning the GUI widgets.…This video deals with creating menu bars.…In this video, we will add a menu bar to our main window,…add menus to the menu bar, and then…add menu items to the menus.…We will start by learning the techniques of how…to add a menu bar, several menus, and a few menu items,…to show the principle of how to do it.…Clicking on a menu item will have no effect.…
Next, we will add functionality to the menu items.…For example, closing the main window when clicking…the exit menu item and displaying a Help About dialog.…We're continuing to extend the GUI…that we've been working on since the last section…into a new file called MenuBar.py.…First, we have to import the menu class from tkinter.…Add this line to the top of the Python module…where the import statements live.…
Next, we will create the menu bar.…I've added this code towards the bottom of the module…just above where we create the main event loop.…Now, we add a menu to the bar, and also…assign a menu item to the menu.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.