Learn how to plot a time series.
- [Instructor] Time series plots…convey how an attribute value…changes over time.…Using statistical methods…like autoregressive integrated moving average,…you can reliably predict or forecast the demand…of a particular retail product…based on historical time series data…on previous sales of that product.…Before forecasting from time series,…you first need to know how to handle and plot…time series in Python.…Working with time series in Python can get really tricky,…but pandas makes it simple.…Before showing you how to use time series in pandas,…let me just show you what a time series looks like.…
These four plots all show time series.…The first one's a constant time series.…Basically, you're not seeing any trends or changes…in the variable over time.…Trended time series is like this chart over here…in the upper right,…that's where you see a net increase or decrease…in the time series variable over time.…In the lower left corner,…you'll see an untrended time series.…This is an untrended seasonal time series,…so the variable is increasing and decreasing…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.