Patrick shows how to leverage basic image manipulation and live video feeds to create customized real-time interfaces. Even for non-video applications, it can be useful to test a system using video feeds to test a program's robustness. Test various image inputs by way of an image sequence or live video feed.
- [Narrator] With a working knowledge…of how to create realtime video feeds,…it becomes possible to design our own realtime interfaces.…To begin, we're going to start off with the sim code…that we created in the previous module.…This video, we're going to be drawing a circle onto the screen…and we're going to be placing the circle…based on wherever we have last clicked.…To start off with, let's start creating…our circle definition.…Firstly, we want to initialize a few variables.…The first variable will be the color of our circle.…For example, we can define our color to be green…by typing color = (0,255,0).…
Note that 255 is assuming, as is typical,…that the webcam has an unsigned integer eight depth.…Next we're going to define our line width of the circle.…Line underscore width equals three.…Note that if we gave a value of negative one…it would mean that the circle would be filled…instead of having a line thickness.…Next we're going to define an initial radius,…equals 100 for example.…And then finally we're going to define an initial point.…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Installing and configuring OpenCV
- Data types and structures
- Image types
- Manipulating pixels
- Scaling and rotating images
- Using video inputs
- Creating custom interfaces
- Object detection
- Face and feature detection
- Template matching
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
Python: Programming Efficientlywith Michele Vallisneri2h 15m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure OpenCV
2. Basic Image Operations
3. Object Detection
4. Face and Feature Detection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.