Learn how to create basic charts in Plotly.
- [Instructor] Plotly is a data visualization library…that you can use to construct web-friendly…d3.js standard chart graphs…using only Python NumPy, Pandas in the Plotly library.…If you look at this webpage here…these are the data visualizations…that I've created in Plotly.…Most of these I'm going to show you how to create…throughout the rest of this chapter.…But let's look more specifically at this cloropleth map.…I want to show you the core features of Plotly.…Using Plotly you get this automatic labeling here…where you get a popup label,…it's interactive, so you can download the plot as a figure,…you can zoom in or zoom out, you can also mouse over,…you can see the Data that a visualization is built from,…and also the Code that was used to build it,…and it's collaborative.…
So when logged in other viewers can make comments…and they can also share the data visualizations…to their social networks or embed them on their websites.…So this is a lot of functionality.…And actually Plotly is free up to 50 API calls per day.…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.