Learn how to create choropleth maps in Plotly.
- [Narrator] The Plotly library provides the simplest way…to make geographic maps using Python.…Not only is it simple to make maps with Plotly,…but you get maps that are interactive,…web friendly, and easily shareable.…There are two object types in Plotly mapping.…Those are data object and layout object.…The data object is a list object that contains a dictionary…specifying each of the parameters for the map's data.…The layout object is where you…specify the parameters for the map's layout.…
I'm going to show you how to create…a choropleth map and a point map.…This is a choropleth map.…A choropleth map is a geographical map where spatial areas…are colored in hues that represent the quantity…of a given attribute in that specific geographic region.…There are some specific requirements…for generating choropleth maps in Plotly.…One is that you need to use a code parameter to select…geographic areas by name, for example US States.…You also need to pass in the data…parameter type equal to choropleth.…
Moving on to point maps, point maps are geographical maps…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.