Instead of hard-coding the credentials required for authentication, a much safer way to get authenticated by a MySQL server is by storing the credentials in a configuration file, which is what you will do in this video.
- [Instructor] Previously, we saw how to connect…to a MySQL database from Python.…This video deals with at Configuring the MySQL connection.…Here, we will create the configuration file,…to connect the the MySQL server,…and then create our own database on the MySQL server.…In the previous video, we used the shortest way…to connect to a MySQL server by hard-coding the credentials…required for authentication into the connection method.…
While this is a fast approach for early development,…we definitely do not want to expose our MySQL server…credentials to anybody, unless we grant permission…to databases, tables, views, and related database commands,…to specific users.…A much safer way to get authenticated by a MySQL server,…is by storing the credentials in a configuration file,…which is what we will do in this video.…We will use the database that we created, usin' this file,…in all of the upcoming videos.…
Access to a running MySQL server,…with administrator privileges,…is required to run the code shown in this video.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.