Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Composite example, part of Python: Design Patterns.
- Let's start by defining our Abstract class,…which is Component.…Nothing too much is done…in the definition of the Component class…except for defining our interface method,…component_function.…Now let's move on to the Child class definition.…Since this one is inheriting from the Component class…we'll have to say…its parent is Component right here.…And we'll have an attribute to store the name of the child.…
So we'll simply say self.name,…assignment args,…the index is 0,…so what we're doing here is we're simply…getting an argument from the instantiation process…of the Child class…and the first argument is the one we're going to be using.…And then the second method here is implementing…the abstract method component_function.…The implementation is simply printing…the name of the child.…
Let's move on to the Composite class…and the Composite class is also inheriting…from the abstract class Component,…which is why we have to state Component here.…We also need another attribute to store…the name of the composite object.…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the strategy pattern example, why does the code keep executing the default function rather than the alternate?
A: The programming demonstration skips the step of defining what the strategy pattern should be when an alternate function name is provided
as an argument as shown below.
Programming Foundations: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.