- [Instructor] There are a lot of great tools out there…for working with the Python programming language,…but in this course I'm going to be using Visual Studio Code.…It has great support for Python editing, it's free,…and it runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux.…It also has a wide variety of plugins available,…which will help when working with Python.…If you want to use VS code along with me in this course,…then download and install it from code.visualstudio.com.…Once you have it installed, launch it…and then click on the extensions icon.…
So here in my copy of Visual Studio Code…I'm going to go to the Extensions panel,…and then here in the search box type in the word Python.…So the extension that you're looking for…is this one here made my Microsoft.…Now, I've already got it installed…and you can see that it has a great rating…and a large number of downloads.…Now, it's not absolutely necessary…for you to use this plugin, but I like it…because it adds support for debugging…and running Python apps right from within VS code.…
- Installing Python
- Choosing an editor or IDE
- Working with variables and expressions
- Writing loops
- Using the date, time, and datetime classes
- Reading and writing files
- Fetching internet data
- Parsing and processing HTML
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Python Basics
3. Working with Dates and Time
4. Working with Files
5. Working with Web Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.