Join Michele Vallisneri for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Challenge: Mars map web server, part of Python: Programming Efficiently.
(reverberating cymbal)…- [Instructor] For your challenge I'm asking you…to write a Flask server application…that returns a map of Gale crater…showing Curiosity's position on the Sol…requested by the user.…You should be able to merge code from the Droino maps…and serving webpage videos to write your server.…Two hints:…To find the position on a day,…you can go through locations.xml using Beautiful Soup…and find the first location where the requested Sol…is included between the start and end Sol for that location.…
To convert a matplotlib plot to Base64,…you can first write it to a BytesIO object…using matplotlib savefig.…Good luck!…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.