Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Chain of responsibility, part of Python: Design Patterns.
- Chain of Responsibility opens up various possibilities…of processing for a given request.…The Chain of Responsibility pattern…decouples the request and its processing.…Our given problem is that many different types…of processing needs to be done…depending on what the request is.…In our scenario, we receive an integer value…and then we use different handlers…to find out its range.…As our solution, we used Abstract Handler…that stores a Successor who will handle a request…if it is not handled at the current handler.…
then Concrete Handlers check if they can handle the request.…If they can, they handle it and return a true value…indicating that the request was handled.…Composite is related to the…Chain of Responsibility design pattern.…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the strategy pattern example, why does the code keep executing the default function rather than the alternate?
A: The programming demonstration skips the step of defining what the strategy pattern should be when an alternate function name is provided
as an argument as shown below.
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.