Learn how to easily interweave HTML-like formatted content with live code using markdown and code cells.
- [Male Instructor] The Jupyter Notebook has … a few different types of cells, … and there is two … that we'll primarily be concerned with in this course. … The first type is a code cell. … The input you give a code cell … is interpreted by the kernel. … In this course, I'm using a Python 3 kernel, … so it's very similar to running a Python shell. … The second type of cell is something a little bit different. … It's a markdown cell. … Jupyter uses GitHub-flavored markdown. … There are a few different flavors of markdown out there, … but generally there is enough similarity … that if you are familiar with markdown, … you should have no problem. … We have a dataset of weather-related measurements … from lake pond array. … I have loaded up the year of February, … but I'm going to show, just for a particular month … in February, how frequently measurements are being taken. … I'll start off with a heading in a markdown cell … and I'll underline it. … Now I'll add in a few details about the steps required. …
- Running a Jupyter notebook
- Using shortcuts
- Line and cell commands
- Visualizing data with plotting
- Publishing Jupyter notebooks in GitHub
- Presenting your notebooks with the slideshow feature