Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Bridge, part of Python: Design Patterns.
- The bridge pattern helps untangle an unnecessary…complicated class hierarchy,…especially when implementation specific classes…are mixed together with…implementation-indendent classes.…So our problem here is…that there are two parallel or orthogonal…abstractions.…One is implementation-specific,…and the other one is implementation-independent.…
And our scenario involves…this implementation-independent circle abstraction…and implementation-dependent circle abstraction.…The implementation-dependent circle abstraction…involves how to draw a circle,…and implementation-independent circle abstraction…involves how to define the properties of a circle…and scale it.…The key to our solution is not trying to abstract…both implementation-specific…and implementation-independent classes…in a single class hierarchy.…
The abstract factory and adaptor patterns…are the related patterns to this rich design pattern.…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the strategy pattern example, why does the code keep executing the default function rather than the alternate?
A: The programming demonstration skips the step of defining what the strategy pattern should be when an alternate function name is provided
as an argument as shown below.
Programming Foundations: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.