Spaghetti code is code in which a lot of functionality is intertangled. Such a code will lead to a lot of problems. Learn how to avoid it.
- [Instructor] Hello, welcome back…to the last section of this course.…In the previous section, we created 3D GUIs.…In this section, we will explore…different best practices that can help us…to build our GUI in an efficient way.…We'll look at avoiding spaghetti code,…connect modules using _init_,…mixing fall-down and OOP coding,…after that we'll see when not to use OOP,…then how to use design patterns,…finally we'll talk about avoiding complexity in our code.…
Let's get rolling with the first video,…avoiding spaghetti code.…In this video, we will explore a…typical way to create spaghetti code…and then we will see a much better…way of how to avoid such code.…Spaghetti code is code in which…a lot of functionality is intertangled.…We will create a new, simple GUI…written in Python using the Tkinter built-in Python library.…How to do it?…Having searched online and read the documentation,…we might start by writing this code called,…GUI Spaghetti.py to create our GUI.…
Running this file results in a GUI looking like this.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.