The dynamic behavior of Python and its GUI modules can create a little bit of a challenge to really get your GUI looking the way you want. You will see how to embed frames within frames to get more control of your layout.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…we saw how widgets dynamically expand the GUI.…We have much better control of our GUI layout…if we embed frames within frames.…This is what we will do in this video.…The dynamic behavior of python and it's GUI modules…can create a little bit of a challenge…to really get our GUI looking the way we want.…Here, we will embed frames within frames…to give more control of our layout.…
This will establish a stronger hierarchy…among the different UI elements making…the visual appearance easier to achieve.…We will continue to use the GUI…we created in the previous video.…Here, we will create a top level frame…that will contain other frames and widgets.…This will help us to get our GUI layout…just the way we want it.…In order to do so, we will have…to embed our current controls…within a central ttk.label frame.…
This ttk.label frame is a child…of the main parent window…and all the controls will be children…of this ttk.label frame.…Up to this point in our videos, we have assigned…all widgets to our main GUI frame directly.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.