- [Instructor] You've probably created your own…Python classes in programs you've written before.…And in this chapter, we're going to learn…about some of the more advanced features of Python classes…and how to customize the behavior of classes.…Python itself is a very customizable language…and it provides a variety of ways to control…how objects are created, converted to strings,…compared to each other and much more.…This customize ability is achieved…by using special functions and features…that are part of every object defined in Python.…
You can use Python classes to create enumerations…which you may be familiar with from other languages…like Java or C++.…You could also customize how your objects are converted…to string values when they are passed to Python functions…such as str or repr, classes can also have computed…and default attributes, and you can define functions…that let classes be compared to each other.…Using logical operations like greater than,…less than and so on.…You can also give your classes numeric-like behavior…
- Truth value testing
- Template strings
- Advanced Python functions
- Advanced collections
- Advanced classes and objects
- Python comprehensions: list, dictionary, and set
Skill Level Advanced
1. Python Language Features
2. Built-In Functions
3. Advanced Python Functions
4. Advanced Collections
5. Advanced Classes and Objects
6. Using Logging
7. Python Comprehensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.