Join Barron Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Add and remove items from sets, part of Programming Fundamentals in the Real World.
- Now I think I'm finally done…sorting through my friends.…I finalized my set, and I'm ready to start…inviting people.…(cellphone rings)…Oh!…Excuse me for a sec.…Hey Verne, what's up?…Oh you did?…Um, I'll call you back.…That was my friend Verne,…he heard a rumor that I'm planning a game night,…and wanted to know if he and Jim could join.…I'd love to invite them.…They are really good friends.…Here's the set of friends that I planned to invite.…Let's start by checking to see if Verne is already…in the set of friends to invite.…
And unfortunately no.…I must have taken him out of the set earlier.…Well, since Verne really wants to hang out,…I'll be a good friend and add him back…to the set of friends to invite.…But that raises a problem.…Now I have one to many people in my…set of friends to invite.…So I'm going to need to remove somebody.…- Hey, I was just chatting with Nestor online.…It turns out he's in Romania this week.…- Well I think it's safe to assume that Nestor…won't be making it for game night.…So now there's room for Verne.…
- Reusing functions
- Local vs. global variables
- Creating and naming custom objects
- Class inheritance
- Modules and packages
- Multidimensional lists and tuples
- Queues and stacks
- Creating and combining sets
- Storing data in dictionaries
- If/else and switch statements
- For vs. while loops
- Error handling
- Polling and event-driven programming
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Programming: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
3. Class Inheritance
4. Modules and Packages
5. Lists and Tuples
6. Queues and Stacks
9. Conditional Execution
11. Error Handling
12. Polling and Event-Driven Programming
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.