Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Adapter, part of Design Patterns with Python.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Adapter converts the interface of a class…into another one a client is expecting.…This time our problem is that the interfaces…are incompatible between a client and a server.…In our scenario, we have Korean and British…objects which have different method names for speaking.…Instead, the client would like to use a uniform interface…that is the speak method.…Our solution is the use of the adapter pattern…that translates the method names…in between the client and the server code.…
Bridges and decorators are related…to the adapter pattern.…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Programming: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.