Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Adapter, part of Python: Design Patterns.
- Adapter converts the interface of a class into another one a client is expecting. This time our problem is that the interfaces are incompatible between a client and a server. In our scenario, we have Korean and British objects which have different method names for speaking. Instead, the client would like to use a uniform interface that is the speak method. Our solution is the use of the adapter pattern that translates the method names in between the client and the server code.
Bridges and decorators are related to the adapter pattern.
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the strategy pattern example, why does the code keep executing the default function rather than the alternate?
A: The programming demonstration skips the step of defining what the strategy pattern should be when an alternate function name is provided
as an argument as shown below.
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.