Join Josh Samuelson for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Puppet.
- [Instructor] Most of the lessons in this course are in the form of exercises or demos, and I'd encourage you to follow along. You'll want to download the exercise files. One thing to make sure you notice is that the very first folder here contains the vagrant file. As you go through the lessons, you'll always want to return to this folder if you need to run any vagrant commands. Don't copy this file somewhere else because it will make a duplicate VM and that's not what we want. Many of the lessons also have a begin and end folder.
These are the beginning and end state of the code that we'll be using for that particular video. If you're following along with me and you want to make sure we're on the same page, you can start with the begin folder here. And then, you can check your work against the end folder at the end of the video.
- What is Puppet?
- Setting up a Puppet master and control repo
- Using the built-in resource types
- Organizing code with roles and profiles
- Managing more nodes
- Triggering actions (orchestration)
- Gathering system info with facter
- Writing modules
- Using templates