Puppet can manage entire files as static content, but it can also use templates. Learn the basics of the epp template format and manage a config file in your Minecraft module.
- [Lecturer] In order to set the install directory…we need our minecraft.service file…to be dynamically generated.…Templates allow you to be more flexible…in how your text files are defined.…And you can use things like facts, variables and parameters…to change the output.…First we'll copy the contents of…the minecraft.service module.…So I'll go to site, minecraft, files, minecraft.service…and I'll just select this and copy it.…Then I want to paste this into a template…so I'll go back to the root of my module…and then create a new file called templates…minecraft.service.epp.…
And then I'm going to paste the contents…of the service file.…eep is the puppet template format.…And puppet also supports ruby erb style templates…but they can be a bit more confusing.…The eep syntax is pretty simple.…We can just go in and replace this install directory…with an epp tag.…So we'll start with a less than symbol,…and a parentheses, then the equal sign.…Then we'd say $install_dir which is the variable…name we'll be using, then a percent and a greater than.…
- What is Puppet?
- Setting up a Puppet master and control repo
- Using the built-in resource types
- Organizing code with roles and profiles
- Managing more nodes
- Triggering actions (orchestration)
- Gathering system info with facter
- Writing modules
- Using templates
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Puppet Overview
What is Puppet?4m 9s
2. Setting Up a Dev Environment
3. First Steps with Puppet
4. Managing More Nodes
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.