Puppet can easily interface with a version control system using control repos. GitHub is free and has some nice web editing and team collaboration features. Set up a GitHub account and create a control repo to hold Puppet code. Configure r10k to use the control repo and download the code to the master.
- [Instructor] In this video, … we'll create a control repo on github.com. … If you prefer to work with your own Git server, … you could easily do this with GitLab … or GitT which both offer an in-browser editor. … If you're already familiar with Git, … you can use whatever workflow you're used to … but be aware that you may need … to set some different settings in our config files … on the master. … If you don't already have a GitHub account, … create one now and log in. … To get a more in-depth introduction, … we have other courses on our library on GitHub. … Click the plus sign in the menu … and select New repository. … Give your repository the name control_repo … using an underscore for the space … and make sure it's set to Public. … It is possible use a private Git repository … but we'll set it to public to keep the configuration simple. … Click the checkbox Initialize this repository … with a README. … We'll be editing that file … to learn how the GitHub editor works. … Then click Create repository. …
- What is Puppet?
- Setting up a Puppet master and control repo
- Using the built-in resource types
- Organizing code with roles and profiles
- Managing more nodes
- Triggering actions (orchestration)
- Gathering system info with facter
- Writing modules
- Using templates
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Puppet Overview
What is Puppet?4m 9s
2. Setting Up a Dev Environment
3. First Steps with Puppet
4. Managing More Nodes
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.