NGINX is a widely used web server and there is a great module written and maintained by the Puppet community. In this video you can take a look at that module and some of its options.
- [Instructor] So let's dig into this NGINX module … a little bit more. … We'll scroll down, … and first you can see that there's a wide range … of compatibility with this module. … You can use it with various versions … of Puppet and Puppet Enterprise, … and a lot of different operating systems. … This means you can likely use this module … on multiple platforms without actually having … to change your Puppet code, … so you could classify both an Ubuntu node … and a RedHat node and the module would figure out … how to account for the differences in those platforms. … If we keep scrolling down, … there is a section here about how to use this module … with Bolt. … Bolt is an orchestration tool that works with Puppet … and is written by Puppet. … Bolt lets you do more ad hoc or one time tasks … with your infrastructure as opposed to the typical … Puppet approach of managing the system state. … They can work together, for example using Bolt … to trigger a sequence of database scripts, … and then writing Puppet to manage the final state …
- What is Puppet?
- Setting up a Puppet master and control repo
- Using the built-in resource types
- Organizing code with roles and profiles
- Managing more nodes
- Triggering actions (orchestration)
- Gathering system info with facter
- Writing modules
- Using templates
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Puppet Overview
What is Puppet?4m 9s
2. Setting Up a Dev Environment
3. First Steps with Puppet
4. Managing More Nodes
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.