The Puppet Forge is a place where the community shares Puppet code in packages known as modules. In this video you can look at what the Forge is, what modules are, and how to search for modules. You can also look at the different categories of modules and some tips for finding a good one.
- [Instructor] Puppet code can be packaged into modules … in order to be shared with others on the Puppet Forge. … To get to this site, go to forge.puppet.com. … The Forge is where you should always go first … when writing Puppet code. … If you like to manage something in your infrastructure, … there's a good chance … that someone has already written a module for it. … Here on the Forge if we scroll down, … we can see on the right-hand side … there are four main types of modules. … Well, there are only three listed here. … First are our supported modules. … These are written and maintained by Puppet … and these are the best supported and maintained modules … on the Forge. … Next are our partner modules. … These are tested and confirmed … to work with Puppet enterprise … but are supported by a partner company, … generally the maker of the software being managed. … Approved modules have been reviewed and approved by Puppet. … They're held at fairly high standards … so you can count on them to be high quality. …
- What is Puppet?
- Setting up a Puppet master and control repo
- Using the built-in resource types
- Organizing code with roles and profiles
- Managing more nodes
- Triggering actions (orchestration)
- Gathering system info with facter
- Writing modules
- Using templates
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Puppet Overview
What is Puppet?4m 9s
2. Setting Up a Dev Environment
3. First Steps with Puppet
4. Managing More Nodes
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.