Join Tom Green for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with vectors, part of UX Design Tools: Principle.
- [Voiceover] The rise of mobile…smart phones and tablets, especially,…has given rise to an increased use and emphasis…on SVG images.…SVG is basically Scalable Vector Graphics.…And, with Principle, you can't use them.…That's the bottom line,…you can't use a Scalable Vector Graphic.…So, the issue is how do you get…such line art as icons…and logos and things like that…that you would create in a vector drawing application…into Principle?…Well, let's take a look at Illustrator.…
I'm going to pop over to Illustrator.…What I've got is a mail icon here.…The question, of course, is how do I get it…into Principle?…Well, what you do is just select it, just like that…copy the image to the clipboard,…pop back to Principle and paste…and there it is.…Now, another way of bringing it in,…is just save the .ai document…and import that into Principle.…So, let's take a look at how that works.…Back over to my finder, there's the mail…and you just drag it in.…You see, it drops in just like that.…
Now from Sketch, it's a little bit different.…
- Adding content to new artboards
- Creating your first Principle animation
- Managing the Principle timeline
- Animating with keyframes and drivers
- Using assets from Photoshop and Sketch
- Manipulating content properties
- Modifying keyframes and retiming
- Masking and cropping
- Creating transitions
- Develop an Apple Watch alert
- Create a ripple effect
- Animate button presses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Paper Prototypingwith Chris Nodder24m 25s Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Principle
2. Using the Principle Timeline
3. Using the Principle Drivers
4. Managing Content in Principle
5. Practical Principle Projects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.