Knowing the status and moving a project along from start to finish can be a challenge with a ton of screens, but InVision makes it easy to see what stage your designs are in using InVision Workflow. In this video Dennis shows you how you can use Workflow to move your projects along through different stages of design, assign new screens to members of your team, add tasks and how to quickly notify everyone of the change in status of a screen.
- [Voiceover] One of the biggest challenges of working an app is knowing where the screens are, and what progress they're in. InVision makes that possible with workflow. So under every prototype you have a workflow. You can access your workflow, and you can start to move screens along this workflow. Since Jason's a part of this project with me, he's gonna see real quickly what status the screens are in. You can see we have On Hold, In Progress, Needs Review, and Approved. In some of our bigger plans you can actually customize this workflow to better suit your needs.
We talked about some feedback around a portfolio screen, that we need to wire it. So we're gonna add a placeholder screen and say Wire Profile Screen. I'm gonna click it, I'm gonna assign it to myself. I'm gonna put a to-do date, maybe I'll try to get this done tomorrow. Add a description, and a few tasks that I need to think about. So maybe research other screens.
Here you can also view the comments on a screen and the activity of that screen. You can see I've created the task, what I'm gonna create, and when it's due. I can quickly change the status by clicking the Status Switcher inside workflow as well as in the builder. But let's say that Jason has reviewed all the other screens and he's approved them. So we're gonna quickly move these to Approved. And now I can notify everybody a part of this project so they'll easily know what screens are done, and what they need to do next.
I'll notify Jason, and he'll get an email saying that these screens have been approved. So that's how quick it is to move screens through a workflow inside InVision.
- Creating your InVision account
- Adding linked screens, overlays, and transitions to prototypes
- Creating and customizing a board
- Sharing prototypes and boards
- Collaborating and commenting
- Integrating with Photoshop and Sketch
- Using the InVision mobile app