In this Video Dennis explains to you what an InVision Board is, how to create one and how easily it is to add Images to it. He also talks about all the different ways you can add images to a Board so that you can quickly start sharing visually rich content easily.
- [Voiceover] So now that you know all about prototypes, let's talk about boards, and how you can start using them inside your organization. In this section, we're gonna learn about what a board is, why I use them and how you can build one. So what is a board? A board is a quick way to collaborate on ideas and share project assets more effectively. You can pull together inspiration, content, present ideas to clients, build press kits and so much more. A board is a blank canvas that accepts a variety of formats and there's really no right or wrong way to use a board. You can use it at the beginning, during a project or at the end of a project.
So now that you know all about boards, let's look at how to build one. So inside InVision to create a board you simply go to the boards tab. Here you're presented with some example boards, boards that you've created or boards that your a part of. So to create board, just like with prototypes, you click the pink plus icon. You'll name your board, chat app inspiration, and you can describe it. Here's some inspiration. And then you'll click create a board.
Now you're presented with your blank canvas. This is a board, but we need to talk about how to get things in this board. So to start with, let's start adding some images. To add images, just like in prototypes, you can grab them from drop box, drive, or box, or you can choose the from your desktop. We're gonna grab some from our exercise files. So we'll put browse, go to exercise files, boards, and we'll grab some inspiration.
We'll click open. And now you can see all of our images being added. So let's talk about what we can do with these images. When you click on an image, you have all the information you need around this. You can download an image. You can see who added the image, when it was added. You can even view the full size version of an image. You can use your arrow keys to move around. And you can rename an image. Labs example.
And even describe it. Ending pitch. You can have comments and you can even pull colors from this. But we'll talk a little bit more about that here coming up. So there you go, that's how quick it is to add images to a board.
- Creating your InVision account
- Adding linked screens, overlays, and transitions to prototypes
- Creating and customizing a board
- Sharing prototypes and boards
- Collaborating and commenting
- Integrating with Photoshop and Sketch
- Using the InVision mobile app