Join Tom Green for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating assets in Photoshop, part of Principle for UX Design.
- [Voiceover] When you're pulling together…your Principal projects, you will discover that there's…a heavy imaging component involved…in creating these projects.…And many of you will be using images prepared in Photoshop.…And there a couple things you need to be aware of,…and that's the purpose of this lesson.…So what I've got here is an art board,…it's an iPhone 6 art board, 375 by 667.…And, you would think well, okay fine,…I'll just take an image out of Photoshop…that's 375 pixels wide and drop it in.…
Well yeah, that kind of works but,…you got to be aware of something.…And I'm going to do that.…I'm just going to grab an image…that's already prepared, it's this one here,…the 375 image, I'm just going to drop it in.…And you can see that it's exactly the width expected.…Here's the problem, this is an iPhone 6 device.…So that means it's a retina device.…And, 375 pixels will basically put this thing…in a 50% size.…So, that's not a good thing.…
So you think, okay fine,…I'll just put it at twice the size.…Well, yeah you can do that.…
- Adding content to new artboards
- Creating your first Principle animation
- Managing the Principle timeline
- Animating with keyframes and drivers
- Using assets from Photoshop and Sketch
- Manipulating content properties
- Modifying keyframes and retiming
- Masking and cropping
- Creating transitions
- Develop an Apple Watch alert
- Create a ripple effect
- Animate button presses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Principle
2. Using the Principle Timeline
3. Using the Principle Drivers
4. Managing Content in Principle
5. Practical Principle Projects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.