Join Tom Green for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and adding artboards, part of UX Design Tools: Principle.
- The heart and soul of Principle for Mac is the Artboard.…Everything you design, or anything you want the user to see,…must be on an Artboard,…so let's take a look at how they work.…Now, open up a brand new document.…You can do that just by going to…File, New, and it will just open up.…Now, the Artboard that you see may be…a little bit different from the one you see in this…simply because Principle for Mac…remembers the last Artboard size you used,…and that's kinda what it does…when you open up a new Artboard.…If you want to add an Artboard to your project,…what you do is you come up here to the Artboard button,…click it, and notice you've got a new Artboard.…
And we've got Artboard one, and Artboard two.…And that's how you select Artboards too,…so if it's got a green box around it…or a green outline around it, it's selected.…You can also change the order of the Artboards…in the layers panel here, so you can move them side to side.…And you can also name them,…and I think it's a really good idea to do that.…And what you do is you just double-click the Artboard name,…
- Adding content to new artboards
- Creating your first Principle animation
- Managing the Principle timeline
- Animating with keyframes and drivers
- Using assets from Photoshop and Sketch
- Manipulating content properties
- Modifying keyframes and retiming
- Masking and cropping
- Creating transitions
- Develop an Apple Watch alert
- Create a ripple effect
- Animate button presses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Paper Prototypingwith Chris Nodder24m 25s Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Principle
2. Using the Principle Timeline
3. Using the Principle Drivers
4. Managing Content in Principle
5. Practical Principle Projects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.