Join Tom Green for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a weather app transition, part of Principle for UX Design.
- In this chapter, which I call…Practical Principle Projects,…we're going to take a look at things you can do…with the app that are above and beyond…some of the basics that you've learned to this point.…And what you're looking at right now a typical kind of app.…This is the Yahoo! Weather app on my iPhone.…And if I push on the screen…and just move it up, I want you to pay…attention to the picture, you notice how it blurs out.…And everything sort of moves up with it.…
So we'll do that again, there we go.…See, there's the blur.…So the question of course is how did they do that?…Well, let's take a look at how all that happens.…Okay, so we've got the weather here,…and we've got a layer here.…And if I just come up, you can see that…it's just a box but it could be content of anything.…But really, what it is, is me trying to just replicate…what you saw on that screen.…So we'll just pop back over to it.…So, that chart you see could be in that box.…
Okay, so let's pull it down.…And get started.…So, the key to this exercise…
- Adding content to new artboards
- Creating your first Principle animation
- Managing the Principle timeline
- Animating with keyframes and drivers
- Using assets from Photoshop and Sketch
- Manipulating content properties
- Modifying keyframes and retiming
- Masking and cropping
- Creating transitions
- Develop an Apple Watch alert
- Create a ripple effect
- Animate button presses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Principle
2. Using the Principle Timeline
3. Using the Principle Drivers
4. Managing Content in Principle
5. Practical Principle Projects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.