Whenever you sync a source file with InVision, InVision automatically pulls valuable assets from that file. In this video Dennis covers how you can view all of the assets that are being used across a prototype, whether it be a source file, font, or slice. Dennis shows you how to download them and share them with your team for quick access and improved productivity.
- [Voiceover] If you integrate a source file with InVision, InVision does a number of things with that source file. One of the things that it can do is extract assets from it. So under every prototype there's an assets folder. Under the assets folder, there are source files. There's the fonts that are being used, and there's the images. Under the source file you can see you can easily make this file accessible to anybody who is a part of this prototype. So they can download it, and they can actually even share it with somebody else. There's also some version control. So you can a download a previous version of a file that you may need to revert back to.
There's also all the fonts that are being used. So any developer or team member can come in and download that font. Another really cool thing, is how InVision handles the images. So if you're inside, Sketch and you set your slices. Or maybe you're inside Photoshop and you add a .png at the end of any image layer, InVision is gonna extract that and make it an image that's available to download as a slice. There's no limit to the types of files that you can add. You can add a Word doc, PDFs. And in some of the larger InVision accounts, there's no limit to the amount of files that you can store.
This is just the start to how you can work with your developers. And team members inside InVision. And make sure that they have the files that they need when they need them.
- Creating your InVision account
- Adding linked screens, overlays, and transitions to prototypes
- Creating and customizing a board
- Sharing prototypes and boards
- Collaborating and commenting
- Integrating with Photoshop and Sketch
- Using the InVision mobile app