Join Tom Green for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating a button press, part of Principle for UX Design.
- [Voiceover] One of the fundamentals of UX Animation…is that motion usually occurs on an arc.…In principle, though, there is no motion path…to create the arc, which sort of leaves us…with linear motion. Well, not quite.…Let's see how to create a rather delightful animation…that results from a button tap.…What you will see is a rather boring animation…of a bunch of icons that appear when the button…is pressed or tapped.…And to see it, you're going to need to open either…the Picture in Picture or Side by Side views.…
I've got the Picture in Picture.…So when I click on the button, everything sort of…comes out, and it's boring.…These two icons go up and down,…and this one just comes straight out.…There's no arc. Let's fix that.…And to fix it, what we're going to do, is first off…open the timeline for the FAB,…and you'll see that the pin,…we're gonna work with the pin, has no Y axis.…And to create an arc we need to give it that Y axis.…
So let's close the timeline, select the pin,…and we're just gonna move this down, oh I don't know,…
- Adding content to new artboards
- Creating your first Principle animation
- Managing the Principle timeline
- Animating with keyframes and drivers
- Using assets from Photoshop and Sketch
- Manipulating content properties
- Modifying keyframes and retiming
- Masking and cropping
- Creating transitions
- Develop an Apple Watch alert
- Create a ripple effect
- Animate button presses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Principle
2. Using the Principle Timeline
3. Using the Principle Drivers
4. Managing Content in Principle
5. Practical Principle Projects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.