Images are just one content type that you can add to a Board. In this video Dennis shows you how you all of the different content types that are available to you. He shows you how to add a note, fonts, colors and downloadable content. He explains each of these content types in great detail.
- [Voiceover] So now that we added images. Let's add some notes, fonts, files and colors. To do that, just like we did with images, we're going to click the plus icon. Here you can add notes, some colors, but let's first add some fonts and some documents. We're gonna click browse. We're gonna go back to Exercise Files, click Boards, click Documents, Open. You can see we have some sample files right here for us.
So, keep in mind that with a Board, you can use any file that you'd like, except executable files. And some files are even live rendered here inside the board. So, a Photoshop file will actually display the actual design. You can even name your file. Describe your file. And even download it. So this is a great way to share files across your organization. So now let's add some fonts. Click browse, click Desktop, Exercise Files, Boards, Fonts, and choose some fonts.
I didn't add this file, but feel free to, if you'd like. Click Open. Now you can see our fonts being added to our board. A font is actually rendered live inside the board. So you see you can view what this font would actually look like in a paragraph or just the characters. And just like images and documents, you can make this file available for download. Another great use for Boards are for brand guidelines. So this is a great way to make logos and fonts available to others across your organization.
So let's look at a few other things that you can add to a board. We can add a note. So I'll say goals. We'll title our note. And then we could add a few bullet points. We want this chat app to be fun, energetic, and easy to use. We also want to make sure that it is colorful, and bright, and we may also want to make sure that this app is optimized for iPhone and Android.
We'll click out of our note. And we'll see our note here listed amongst everything else. Few other things that we may want to do is add some colors. The cool thing about Boards is it's really easy to get colors that you want to use in your app. So if you click on an image, you'll see that InVision pools out the colors for you. So you can simply click the plus icon, and we'll add these colors for you. We'll add a few more here. This color and this color.
And just like images, you can rename these colors, add descriptions. But there's always an available HEX code. So now that we have our documents, fonts, and everything that we want into this board. Next we're gonna talk about how to organize this board and customize the look and feel of it.
- Creating your InVision account
- Adding linked screens, overlays, and transitions to prototypes
- Creating and customizing a board
- Sharing prototypes and boards
- Collaborating and commenting
- Integrating with Photoshop and Sketch
- Using the InVision mobile app