Join Tom Green for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding key frames and setting duration, part of UX Design Tools: Principle.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] One of the great uses for Principle…is to actually work out your ideas.…To this point in the course, we've worked with…artboards containing content.…When working with UX/UI projects,…sometimes it is more important to pay attention…to what you wish to accomplish,…rather than having the content get in the way.…Working with primitive shapes, circles and squares,…and dummy text, lets you concentrate…on motion and transitions before…using content from elsewhere.…Now, the plan for this project is really simple.…We're going to create a tabbed interface…that lets the user know where he or she is,…as well, when the tab is tapped,…it should grow, which sort of lets the user…know where they are.…
This is also a great way of learning…the fundamentals of animation and transitions in Principle,…so let's get started.…To get started, what we're gonna do…is we're gonna select the Home artboard here,…and we're going to create the tabs.…You just click on Rectangle,…and let's pull it down here.…What I want to do with this rectangle…
- Adding content to new artboards
- Creating your first Principle animation
- Managing the Principle timeline
- Animating with keyframes and drivers
- Using assets from Photoshop and Sketch
- Manipulating content properties
- Modifying keyframes and retiming
- Masking and cropping
- Creating transitions
- Develop an Apple Watch alert
- Create a ripple effect
- Animate button presses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Paper Prototypingwith Chris Nodder24m 25s Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Principle
2. Using the Principle Timeline
3. Using the Principle Drivers
4. Managing Content in Principle
5. Practical Principle Projects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.