Join Tom Green for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and formatting text, part of Principle for UX Design (2016).
- [Voiceover] Adding text to a principle artboard…is not a terribly convoluted process.…You can copy and paste text in,…or you can just manually enter it in,…and we're going to be doing that in this exercise.…And to get yourself started,…I just need you to open the 03_Text file,…and when it opens, you'll see…we've got our lily and four little icons here.…So we're going to add two little bits of text.…The first one's gonna identify what the flower is,…and the second little bit of text will say where it is,…which will be the garden.…So, to add text, what you do is…you just click this button here.…
So you click text, and you see it appears…in the upper lefthand corner.…So we're going to type in the word golden space lily.…So it's a golden lily.…And to deselect it, just click on the baseboard…and just drag it into position.…So, let's format it up.…We're gonna to stay with the font,…but if you want to use any different font,…all the fonts that are installed in your computer…are available to you.…And I'm going to go with Helvetica New Bold,…
- Adding content to new artboards
- Creating your first Principle animation
- Managing the Principle timeline
- Animating with keyframes and drivers
- Using assets from Photoshop and Sketch
- Manipulating content properties
- Modifying keyframes and retiming
- Masking and cropping
- Creating transitions
- Develop an Apple Watch alert
- Create a ripple effect
- Animate button presses
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Principle
2. Using the Principle Timeline
3. Using the Principle Drivers
4. Managing Content in Principle
5. Practical Principle Projects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.