Learn how to change screen orientation in Proto.io.
- [Instructor] It is a fact of life…when it comes to smartphones and tablets that we have…zero control over how the user views the screen.…The problem with that is, if a user swings from portrait…to landscape, the design needs to adapt to this change.…You can do this in proto, but there are…a couple of gotchas you need to know.…So, let's take a look.…Open up proto.io, come to your dashboard,…and let's create a new project.…We're going to call it Orient so just click New Project.…We'll name it Orient, we'll make it a smart phone…and we'll use Android.…
And we'll create.…We now come to our screen.…Now when you come to this screen…I want you to come over here to the Basic Libraries.…So select Basic in the Libraries area…and then just double click Rectangle.…And what that will do is throw a rectangle onto the screen…and what you want to do is take it across just like that.…Okay, now what we're also going to do is…add another rectangle.…You saw one way of getting this into the screen.…The other way is just click and drag.…
- Using design patterns
- Using grids and columns
- Using the Proto.io player
- Using the Proto.io smartphone app
- Working with screens
- Using components
- Creating artwork
- Creating and using containers
- Creating animation
- Publishing your prototype
Skill Level Intermediate
Building and Maintaining Your UX Design Portfoliowith Diane Cronenwett15m 54s Appropriate for all
Sketch: Creating Vector Graphicswith John-Paul Ballard1h 30m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Proto.io
2. Working with Screens
3. Using Components
4. Creating Artwork from Proto.io
5. Creating and Using Containers in Proto.io
6. Creating Animation in Proto.io
7. Publishing Your Prototype
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.