Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with text-based reports, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Project's text-based reports are easy to run,…and they're great when you want to produce a checklist…of upcoming Assignments, or send people a quick summary…of where a project stands.…Text-based reports offer a few basic options for choosing,…arranging, and formatting data.…When you want to run text-based reports,…go to the Project tab, then,…in the Reports section, click Reports.…We're going to start in the Overview category.…That's already selected.…I can click Select, and now I want…to run the Project Summary tasks,…so I double-click that button.…
On the right side, you have a preview of the report.…If you click the preview you can zoom in,…just to get a better look.…On the left side, you have your typical print options.…One of the ones that's a little different…from other programs is you can choose a date range…for your project.…When you're ready to print, just click Print.…Let's go back to the Project tab.…In the Report section, I click Reports.…This time, I'm going to double-click the current category.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.