Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with a table, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- The table pane on the left side of many views,…like the one you see in the Gantt Chart,…displays project fields and columns,…so you can see or edit values…for Tasks, Resources, or Assignments.…You can switch to a different table…to see different sets of data.…You can also adjust the width of the table pane…to see more or less of the table columns.…To see the table that's displayed in the view,…you can go to the View tab…and click the Tables button.…Here there's a check mark…to the left of the Entry table.…
So that tells me that that's the table…that's currently displayed.…If I want to see a different table,…I just click it in the list.…Let's say I click Summary,…which by the way is a really nice…overview of your project.…You can see Duration, Start and Finish dates,…% Complete, Cost, and Work.…On the other hand, if you're looking at Cost,…you can click the Tables button…and then choose Cost,…and there's several different Cost fields.…Click the Tables button again…and if you want to get to every single table…that's available in your project,…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.