In this topic we cover how to layout the WBS diagram into the center of the page and add an additional WBS number to the diagram for visual analysis and format it's size. We also remove some diagram elements that are not needed.
- [Voiceover] We'd like to make our WBS diagram…more consistent with the typical project management…types that you've seen.…Since ours is left-justified we're going to…recenter it into the center part of the diagram,…so it looks like a hierarchial one.…To do that we'll select our first data shape…at the top of the diagram.…We'll go to the Design ribbon and on the far…right-hand side is an item that says Re-Layout Page.…We'll select the first item under Hierarchy, Top To Bottom.…
Now that diagram now gets redrawn…into a top to bottom diagram.…However, you can see that our legend is…overlapping our connecting lines so we want to…move that over into the upper left-hand corner,…so we'll click and drag to select the whole item,…and we'll just drag it over to the far left-hand corner.…Now we also would like to see how the rest of the…diagram is fitting on the page,…so well zoom out a little bit and we can see…that it's pretty well-centered in the page there.…
Now there are some items that we may not want…to include in your diagram, specifically as you can see…
NOTE: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore. The techniques shown work equally well with Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Explain how to edit a report template.
- Recall how to insert a graph into a visual Excel template.
- Recognize the steps to take in order to add additional functionality into a Visio WBS diagram.
- Determine the steps to expand on a data set in an Excel report.
- Identify three PivotChart tools.