This video covers editing data shape graphics to include other fields, along with modification of a Icon Set and Data Bar custom graphic elements and their formuals. We also rework the report legend and title.
- [Voiceover] We've created a shell for our WBS diagram.…We want to add some additional functionality…into this like our WBS number and additional items.…So, to do that we're going to click on our first shape…within the Visio diagram and right-click on it…and select Data, Edit Data Graphic.…Now our current report uses Baseline Work…in the icon set.…Since that's not what we wanted to use…for this particular report we're taking that template…and modifying it.…
So we're going to select Edit Item and in here you…can see the data graphic that's being used.…So greater than zero, equal zero, and less than zero.…However, we want to modify this formula…so we'll do that by selecting Cancel and then…clicking on the drop-down for that particular…formula set and selecting More Fields.…In the formula here we're going to modify…Baseline Work into Baseline Cost.…We'll also repeat that for the other part of the if…statement and change that to Cost,…and lastly on this we'll select and put in Actual Cost…instead of Work.…
Now, this reads as a classic if statement.…
NOTE: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore. The techniques shown work equally well with Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Explain how to edit a report template.
- Recall how to insert a graph into a visual Excel template.
- Recognize the steps to take in order to add additional functionality into a Visio WBS diagram.
- Determine the steps to expand on a data set in an Excel report.
- Identify three PivotChart tools.