This video covers editing data shape graphics to include other fields, along with modification of a Icon Set and Data Bar custom graphic elements and their formuals. We also rework the report legend and title.
- [Voiceover] We've created a shell for our WBS diagram.…We want to add some additional functionality…into this like our WBS number and additional items.…So, to do that we're going to click on our first shape…within the Visio diagram and right-click on it…and select Data, Edit Data Graphic.…Now our current report uses Baseline Work…in the icon set.…Since that's not what we wanted to use…for this particular report we're taking that template…and modifying it.…
So we're going to select Edit Item and in here you…can see the data graphic that's being used.…So greater than zero, equal zero, and less than zero.…However, we want to modify this formula…so we'll do that by selecting Cancel and then…clicking on the drop-down for that particular…formula set and selecting More Fields.…In the formula here we're going to modify…Baseline Work into Baseline Cost.…We'll also repeat that for the other part of the if…statement and change that to Cost,…and lastly on this we'll select and put in Actual Cost…instead of Work.…
Now, this reads as a classic if statement.…
NOTE: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore. The techniques shown work equally well with Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, and 2016.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Using existing report templates
- Creating new visual report templates
- Building a task burnup report with an Excel pivot table and graph
- Building a WBS report with Visio pivot diagrams and filters
- Developing a dashboard report with multiple datasets