Add text boxes for titles, navigation to other reports and images
- [Voiceover] Now that we've reviewed some of the reports…that come with the tool, let's get started…building a new report.…I'm going to go to the Report ribbon…and select New Report, and under the New Report option…there is a blank, a chart, a table, and a comparison.…We'll use each of these at some point throughout the course,…however, at this point I would like to just…build a dashboard to be able to use as a report center…similar to the Getting Started option.…I'm going to select blank report.…
I'm going to name my new report the Report Center…and I'll press Okay.…In here I now get a sort of a blank page with a title box.…I wanna use that title box, but I want it to be…a little bit fancier, so I'm going to click…in the title box and as I do, I get…the Drawing Tools ribbon up in the top section…where I can change the box type, add different shapes,…fills and of course text areas.…
We can use any of these.…I'm going to modify my report text box to say…"Welcome to Report Center".…I'll increase its font size by right-clicking on the text…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore. You can follow along with this course using Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, or 2016 and either the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with the Report Designer
- Editing templates
- Building resource and team member reports
- Inserting graphs and charts
- Building executive management reports
- Developing a report center
- Creating a milestone dashboard