Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Global Template, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Project stores elements, like views, tables,…settings and more, in the Global template file.…To make sure you have access to the elements…you want, it's important to understand…where they're stored and how to use Project's…Organizer to manage them.…Go to the File tab, and if you have a project open,…the Info screen appears.…On that screen, click the Organizer button…and that opens up the Organizer dialogue box.…This dialogue box has tabs across the top…for all the different elements that you can store…in your projects and the Global template.…
Things like Views and Reports,…Tables and Filters.…Now, on the left side of the dialogue box…you see the list of what's in your Global template.…On the right side, you see what's in your active project.…If you look closely, there's an Entry table…in the Global template.…There's also an Entry table in the active project.…Well, what happens is, if you make changes…to your views or tables or elements…in your active project, the program…stores a copy in the active project…so that those modifications are only available…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.