When team members work in different locations, you must consider additional factors in scheduling. Learn the challenges of scheduling and allocating work when teams are in different locations.
- When team members work in different locations,…you must consider additional factors in scheduling.…Taking the pros and cons of remote teams…into account when you schedule and assign resources…will help keep your project running smoothly.…The first step in assigning members…of remote teams should be familiar.…Set up team members work schedules…to reflect their working days and times.…If people work in different time zones,…choose a primary time zone for the project.…
For example, the one where most people are located.…Then, define each person's working times…based on that time zone.…If people work in different companies or countries…you need to identify holidays and other non working time…that may differ from your company or country.…For international teams, it's often a challenge…to find a good time for phone calls,…reviews and other interactions.…Talk to the team members involved…to determine the most convenient time…and schedule the activity then.…
After you get working and non working times in place,…it's time to consider other ways that remote teams…
Note: This course aligns with best practices from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition, published by the Project Management Institute®.
- Developing a schedule management plan
- Identifying project activities
- Adding milestones
- Organizing work
- Estimating duration and work
- Handling lag in dependencies
- Defining resources
- Assigning resources to activities
- Working with part-time and remote workers
- Fine-tuning assignments
- Optimizing schedules
- Managing and changing schedules
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Understanding a Project Schedule
2. Identifying and Organizing Activities
3. Sequencing Activities
4. Assigning Resources to Tasks
5. Fine-Tuning Assignments
6. Optimizing Schedules
Baseline the schedule2m 12s
7. Managing Schedules
Next steps2m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.