Successfully manage large IT projects—from the planning stages to a project's release—by learning the basics of program management.
- [Hubbert] IT projects fail, and fail frequently, causing missed business, often measured in hundreds of millions of dollars. Fortunately, the program manager can consistently remedy these failings. And program management is a highly valuable career path with a corner office destination. The essence of program management, we take big problems, break them into many smaller, manageable tasks, and manage the risk. This course covers program management, emphasizing multi-disciplines and quality management in large IT projects.
We will balance the hard science of project management with the soft skills of people management. I'll share a wealth of industry insights, real-world examples, and personal experience. I am Hubbert Smith. My career in IT spans 30 years. I am a published author and a patent holder. I've managed 25 formal projects and I've managed product lines resulting in hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue. So I invite you to join me on my LinkedIn learning course, All About Program Management in IT.
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.