In this video, you see how to delay an individual assignment within a task. The video shows how to modify the view to display the Assignment Delay field.
- [Instructor] What if one of your team members…can't start working when the assigned task begins?…The answer isn't related to calendars,…but it's still worth looking at.…We're going to look at the Task Review plan,…that's Task ID 6.…And when I select that task in the task form,…I can see that there are three resources assigned.…Suppose that the Analyst can't start right away.…To delay the Analyst's assignment,…right click in the task form,…and on the shortcut menu, choose Schedule.…
That changes the table in the task form.…The Schedule table has two columns…that have Delay in the title.…Leveling Delay is a delay field…that you use to eliminate over-allocations.…That's not what we want to use.…Instead, the Delay column represents assignment delay.…This field lets you delay a specific assignment.…I'm going to select the Delay cell for the Analyst.…
And I'll type in 1d for one day.…When I click okay, now you can see…that the Scheduled Start and Finish for the Analyst…is one day later than the other assignments.…In this case suppose the Analyst…
Next, Bonnie explains how to create shift calendars by setting work schedules for specific tasks and assigning schedules to resources. Then learn how to fine-tune project, task, and resource calendars, including biweekly schedules. Last, she covers working with multiple calendars, including copying and sharing custom calendars with all Project files and integrating multiple projects with different calendars into a single master Project file.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with John Riopel.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your organization's calendar, including nonworking periods
- Coordinating calendars
- Creating a new shift calendar
- Assigning calendars to resources
- Customizing project, task, and resource calendars
- Working with multiple calendars in a master Project file