This course/video references material from the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, including the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification and the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. PMI, CAPM, and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] We've reached the end…of our whirlwind tour of project management.…Thanks so much for joining me.…We examined the major processes…and knowledge areas of project management,…and discovered many techniques…for managing projects effectively.…However, there are plenty of sources…of information you can explore,…to learn even more.…Throughout this course,…I've suggested other courses right here,…that dig deeper into project management topics.…
I also recommend the book…Project Planning, Scheduling & Control…by James P Lewis.…It's engaging, easy to read,…and filled with useful information.…Making Things Happen by Scott Berkun…is a practical and pragmatic guide…to getting the right things done…in the right way.…Mr. Berkun offers plenty of real world examples…from his career of managing projects.…The Project Management Institute…is a not for profit organization…that advocates the project management profession.…
PMI has several levels of certification,…such as the entry level certification, CAPM,…which stands for Certified Associate in Project Management,…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.